We are holding the many folks in our communities who are currently impacted by the effects of manmade climate disasters, particularly Hurricane Ida in this moment. In solidarity with folks on the Gulf Coast, please consider these opportunities to support frontline communities from Gulf Coast Center for Law and Policy:
- Donate to a community-controlled fund led by those at the frontline of recovery. We invite you to donate through the Gulf South rapid response fund at https://bit.ly/StormReliefFund.
- Move resources to the United Houma Nation
- If you have supplies, donations, or contributions to provide for those in need, please contact Anthony Giancatarino at email@example.com or 215-316-6926.
- Commit to providing support and resources over the next few months in a coordinated way. For a preliminary list of needs and ways to support, please visit www.gcclp.org/ida.
- Please take a moment in your day to bear witness, to be in solidarity with those on the frontlines of climate disasters, and to amplify the voices of the South.
- Engage with, or continue to work with, your local community to push for a just transition away from fossil fuels and extractive economies so that we can stop fueling these climate disasters.
Mutual Aid Disaster Relief is also organizing supply and donation drives in communities across the country.
If you are impacted and seeking housing, Project South is working with Atlanta organizers to coordinate Solidarity Housing to folks evacuating to their city.
- Gulf folks seeking Atlanta housing: bit.ly/IdaHousingRequest
- Atlanta hosts: bit.ly/IdaSolidarityHousing
- For more information: atlhurricanesolidarityhousing@gmail.
- You can also use tinyurl.com/idahousingandtransport to share info! A room, a cabin, land to camp with access to electricity, etc. Places near the South are ideal but some people are willing and able to travel for affordable temp housingPeople need transportation (out of Louisiana), pet help and free/affordable housing!
Nola Black Youth Fund is fundraising and making direct cash payments: https://www.instagram.com/p/CTSbhWElOve
Imagine Water Works is fundraising for relief efforts led by locals across SE Louisiana, including the parishes outside of New Orleans and the levee systems, which were hit hard: https://donorbox.org/ida
House of Tulip is distributing to TGNC folks impacted by the storm, donation link here https://houseoftulip.org/make-a-donation
Scroll down about halfway through Another Gulf’s Ida mutual aid page for another list, including ways to donate to indigenous communities in Ida’s path: https://anothergulf.com/ida/