Job Announcement – Capital Campaign Coordinator
Half Time Position to Start Immediately
Founded in 1932, the Highlander Research and Education Center is a world-renowned beacon for progressive organizing. Highlander is widely acclaimed as a leadership development center for grassroots activists across race and generations and as a critical resource for the social justice community for strategy development, best practices and movement building.
Highlander is looking for a Capital Campaign Coordinator to assist the Director, Consultant, Volunteers and Staff in the implementation of a capital campaign to meet the physical infrastructure needs of Highlander for generations to come.
The position is half time and will work primarily out of the Highlander office located 25 miles northeast of Knoxville. It begins immediately and the appointment is for approximately 2 years.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide all aspects of staff support to the committee, campaign volunteers, board, staff and others as they relate to campaign planning and implementation.
- Schedule and coordinate campaign meetings, working committees, cultivation events and other meetings and events related to the campaign.
- Prepare campaign materials and correspondences including meeting notifications, agendas, minutes, acknowledgements and reports.
- Assist in preparing and producing campaign materials for meetings, (proposals, reports, focus groups).
- Assist in conducting donor research.
- Coordinate timely and effective communications between appropriate parties involved in the campaign.
- Maintain a campaign calendar.
- Organize and maintain files.
Must skills: Good listening skills. Well-organized. Ability to communicate with different kinds of people. Computer savvy. Good sense of humor helpful.
Position will begin as soon as possible. Half-time salary is $17,145 plus benefits. Applications will be considered upon receipt. People of color and women are encouraged to apply. Please send a letter of interest, resume, appropriate writing sample, and references via mail, email or fax to:
Pam McMichael, Director
Highlander Research and Education Center
1959 Highlander Way
New Market, TN 37820
for more information call 865-933-3443